Corvettes of Dakota Territory
November 20, 2019, 02:49:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October 2010 Newsletter  (Read 2310 times)
chuck horter

View Profile Email
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:55 PM »

Corvettes of Dakota Territory
 1976-2010
President Vickie Gunsch (527-2134): Vice-President Val Wangler (222-8563): Secretary/Newsletter: Chuck & Julie Horter (258-6616):  Treasurer: Bruce McCollom (471 6022): Trustee: Mike Neigum (258-5742). Mailing address: CDT, Box 625, Bismarck, ND. 58502

Newsletter
October 2010

It's the middle of fall and we are still cruising!  Tuesday night cruises have been well attended and the venues have been great.  Draggin main was a big hit with a number of our Vettes present to represent our club. Rough estimates seem to indicate that hundreds of cars participated in this fun event.  Will there be a Draggin Main cruise night on Tuesday, November 2nd?  Stay tuned and lets hope for good weather!
 New members:
We would like to welcome Kelvin and Val Thompson of Mandan to Corvettes of Dakota Territory!  Look forward to seeing at an upcoming event.
Upcoming Events
November 2: Draggin Main Cruise Night, Bismarck.  Weather Dependent
November 12:  Club Meeting on Friday night at 7:00 PM.  A&B Pizza South
December 10:  Club Meeting on Friday night at 7:00 PM.  Location to be determined.
January 19:  Annual CDT Christmas Party at the Seven Seas in Mandan.

CDT Meeting Minutes Friday, October 8th, 2010   
 7:00 PM A&B Pizza South
21 Members present.
President Vickie Gunsch brought the meeting to order. 
Minutes were approved for the month of September.
No Treasurer's report was available for this month.
Al Braun reported that the the fall trip to the Black Hills was great and the weather was very cooperative.  A total of 7 cars participated in the event.
President Gunsch stated that she received an email from Gerri & Dave Ressler indicating that they were planning on bringing Tommy Cash and his Band to Mandan for the 4th of July celebration.  More details to come.
Arrangements for the Christmas Party at the Seven Seas in Mandan have been firmed up for Saturday night January 19th.
President Gunsch said that she ws still working on details for a club trip to Glacier National Park/Jasper.
Comments were made about the recent Tuesday night run to Underwood.  Food was excellent and a total of 18 cars participated. 

Corvette Fun Facts: 
A "toothless" grille and a handsome new "ducktail" gave the '61 Corvette a cleaner look and more luggage space.  Performance remained sizzling, as powertrains were hardly altered.  Sunvisors were new additions and much appreciated.  Base price rose modestly to $3,934 and sales continued to climb to nearly 11,000. 
The Corvette was a genuine TV star by 1961, thanks to the weekly Route 66 television series, in which two young adventure seekers roamed the country in a brand new Vette.  The 1961 styling updates were the work of Bill Mitchell the new design engineer that replaced the legendary Harley Earl.  The distinctive new rear end was inspired by that of Mitchell's late fifties Stingray racer which was salvaged from the short-lived Sebring SS project and was later used as a show car.
 Humor:
A fellow bought a new Corvette and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive.  The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to open her up.  As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw a flashing red and blue light behind him.  "There's no way they can catch a Corvette," he thought to himself and opened her up a little further.  The needle hit 90, 100....
Then the reality of the situation hit him.  "What the hell am I doing?" he thought and pulled over.  The cop came up to him, took his license without a word, and examined it and the car.  "It's been a long day and this is the end of my shift.  I don't feel like more paperwork so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go."
The guy thinks for a second and says, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop, I was afraid you were trying to give her back!"
"Off you go," said the officer.   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: