Corvettes of Dakota Territory
September 22, 2020, 11:32:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: September 2011 Newsletter  (Read 2538 times)
chuck horter

View Profile Email
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »

Corvettes of Dakota Territory
1976-2011
President Vickie Gunsch (527-2134): Vice-President Val Wangler (222-8563): Secretary/Newsletter: Chuck & Julie Horter (258-6616):  Treasurer: Bruce McCollom (471 6022): Trustee: Mike Neigum (258-5742). Mailing address: CDT, Box 625, Bismarck, ND. 58502

Newsletter
            September 2011   

Next Meeting
The next meeting is October 14th at A & B Pizza South @ 7pm but do come early and enjoy some pizza and suds.

CDT is 35 Years Old!!
Corvettes of Dakota Territory was founded in 1976 by area enthusiasts who had the insight, inspiration and passion to promote the experience of driving Corvettes.  CDT has established itself as one of the premier car clubs in the area and has been activley involved in community events through the years.  Happy birthday CDT!! 
 Upcoming Events
September 30:  CDT Fall Run to the Black Hills.  Contact Al Braun for further information.
October 8th the Roughrider Chevrolet Association is celebrating 100 years of Chevrolet.  Come to the All Seasons Arena 11-3pm for a car show.
October 9th Run to Mobridge and dinner in Bismarck
October  Garage tours  Date TBA
January 14, 2012:  Annual CDT Christmas Party, Seven Seas 
Participation Incentive.
A participation incentive was recently approved to encourage and reward participation in club events.  Anytime a member and their significant other attends a club function their name will recorded and entered into a grandprize drawing at the end of the year.  This is a fun event and provides an opportunity to reward someone who makes CDT participation a priority!
Welcome New Members!
Welcome to CDT!! Claudia and Duane Stromberg.  Looking forward to haivng you join in the fun!!
Meeting Minutes:
Sunday, September 18,2011  Annual picnic
Meeting was called to order by President Vickie Gunsch @6:30pm.  40 members were in attendance. 
August meeting minutes were read.  Motion for approval was made by Gary Stefanovsky and seconded by Mike Neigum. 
Treasurer's report was presented by Bruce McCollum.  Starting balance was $4361.69 with $.17 interest and 1 new members were added with $30 in income.  Expenses paid out were for the BSC scholarship of $500 leaving a balance of 3891.86
New members are Claudia and Duan Stromberg.  Motion to approve the Treasurer's report was made by Mike Gunsch and seconded by Mike Neigum. 
Old Business: A hearty thank you went out to Jeff and Marcie Wuitschick for hosting a great picnic at their home last month. 
Glenn Siewert will look into reserving rooms for next year's Spearfish Rally at First Gold.
It was suggested that someone look into setting up a couple of different runs in the Black Hills next year to avoid confusion and add some variety.  Gary Stefanovsky will work on this concept. 
Fall Color Run to the Hills is 9/30/11.  Contact Al Braun for information.  We will leave the Seven Seas on Friday at 9am.
Voluteers are needed for this year's Garage Tour to be held in October weather permitting. Contact Vickie Gunsch to put together a day of visiting the garages of members.
Ross Haugeberg would like to look into a trip to Effingham, Il, for the September 2012 rally.
New Business: 
October 9th, Sunday, is the day selected to do a run to Mobridge and return to Bismarck for supper.  Al Braun will be the contact person.  Meet at 1pm at Kupper Chevrolet in Mandan for the departure.
Chuck Horter will make arrangements to have a similar dinner at the Deadwood social club for 2012.
We have been keeping attendance at meetings and events this past year, but do not have a set prize.  A couple of suggestions were gift certificates and/or memberships for the three selected members.  No decision was reached and will be open for discussion at the next meeting.
Next Tuesday run is to Wilton, last of the year.
Motion to adjourn was made by Gary Stefanovsky and seconded by Mary Bernhardt.

Corvette Humor

A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding (in his C5) and has the following exchange:

Officer: May I see your driver's license?

Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Officer: May I see the registration for this vehicle?

Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.

Officer: The car is stolen?

Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.

Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?

Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the blonde ^&%*# who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.

Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?

Driver: Yes, sir. Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:

Captain: Sir, can I see your license?

Driver: Sure. Here it is. It was valid.

Captain: Whose car is this?

Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the registration. The driver owned the car.

Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?

Driver: Gun ? What gun ?? ...there's no gun in it. Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.

Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it

Driver: I said what Huh? Trunk is opened; no body.

Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.

Driver: Yeah - And I'll bet the lying SOB told you I was speeding, too!      
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: